Wednesday 3 April 2013

Oil Slick

Fashion junkie, absolutely. Make-up junkie, guilty as charged. But skincare junkie? Not so much. That is, until I turned the big 3-0 this year. Yes, suddenly those little crease lines around my eyes don't look quite so 'cute happy person' to me - now they are simply evidence that I am no longer in the 20-29 age bracket on those annoying questionnaire things. And that in itself has scared me into listening a little more when I get a facial - instead of purely seeing a facial as relaxation, it is now a fact-finding mission - and scouting YouTube beauty bloggers for the best in anti-ageing skincare (at a reasonable price, naturally).

Don't get me wrong, I would still rather spend my money on a new leather jacket or a fantastic pair of shoes, but if I start looking (read, feeling) too old to wear the new trends then that becomes a problem for me. So I have finally caved and am embracing the importance of high-impact skincare products in my life.

Skincase oils are nothing new to the beauty industry. They are to me though. Rewind a few months and the idea of putting oil on my face, no matter how nice it might smell, simply disgusted me. I mean, oil is for cooking right? And whilst I accept that it is good for the skin, the thought of slicking it on my face just didn't appeal.

Roll on January and my Clarins 'Radiance Reviver' facial post-Christmas excess, and suddenly I was a convert. Well, baby steps and all that. But I did discover the Clarins Lotus Facial Treatment Oil which contradicted my image of a thick, slicked layer of oil on the face entirely. Instead, this oil sinks into my face really quickly leaving behind only a glow and pleasant feeling of moisture on the skin. Perfect before bed. It lasts for ages. A couple of drops in my palms, rubbed together then lightly swipped across my face is all that my skin needs.

And I am starting to notice a difference. Particularly given the freezing temperatures hitting Glasgow right now combined with the damaging effects of indoor heating. Usually, my skin would have noticeable dry patches around my nose and cheeks and an oily T-zone but I am noticing that my skin is much more 'normal' than I can ever remember it being. Not all owed to this facial oil I am sure but, given that I am generally pretty lazy with my skincare routine, I am quite positive that it has played an active role.

So I am broadening my horizons to hard-working skincare products but also to beauty oils more widely. Now I can't wait to get my hands on the cult hair oil product Moroccan Oil which promises instant shine and long term conditioning without residue. I will let you know how it works for me!

Any hints & tips you have are eagerly welcomed - it's like a whole new world in the comfort of my own bathroom!

Have a great day!

Bisous xx

(N.B. This post is not sponsored)

No comments:

Post a Comment