Thursday 4 April 2013

Somebody Stop Me

How much do I want this embellished jacket from River Island? So much that my credit card is shaking in my empty purse. Lucky for it, the jacket is currently sold out online. And that only makes me want it even more!

I don't have to remind you of my love of neon accents as well-documented in my blogpost here. A hint of sunny yellow and a bit of well-placed bling are only adding to my irrational 'need' to source this new find!

Made in Chelsea's Rosie Fortescue (see her style blog here ) has beat me to the checkout and has already posted a pic of her sporting this jacket with a leather-look pencil skirt and sunnies on today's blogpost.

I must admit, I am more than a tiny bit jealous. Not that I need another jacket, as my husband kindly reminded me when I huffed and puffed at the 'Item Currently Unavailable' status of my current crush. Yes, I do have 8 tweed jackets in my wardrobe, it's true. And I did just buy a new leather jacket last month which I haven't had a chance to wear outside yet due to my current house bound status (doctors orders - and driving me crazy!) And, yes, we are getting a new kitchen. Thanks dear hubbie of mine, I understand that a new tweed jacket is not on our current priority list. But I bet it's not the kitchen that I dream of tonight!

If any of you are looking to add a new tweed to your collection this summer, make sure you choose one with embellished detailing or a hint of neon to bring your look bang up to date. If, like me, your purse strings are tied this month, try updating last years tweed with a few brooches around the neckline or even try pinning chain bracelets around the sleeves.

Now where did I put that sewing kit?

My recommendations:
Fluro Boucle Blazer - ASOS
Stud Trim Tweed - Missguided
Metallic Trim Jacket - Mango
Bling Trim Jacket - River Island

 (N.B. This post is not sponsored)

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you love it so much - I hope for your sake it comes back in stock (and hope for your husband it does not!)

    Thankfifi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! If it's meant to be...! Have a great weekend! May the sunshine continue! Xx

      Delete