Sunday 28 April 2013

Boots Make Up Haul

I can't resist a nosy around Boots at the best of times, but on this occasion I was on a mission. I went there to buy a spearmint nail polish and foundation brush and came out with all kinds of goodies that were not included in the budget but that I just couldn't pass up!

Beauty bloggers around the globe have advocated that the Real Techniques buffing brush is a winner for foundation application and, cleverly, it is only available in the Flawless Base Core Collection brush set. The set also includes concealer and contour brushes which I am really enjoying using so far.

Another blogger fave is the Revlon Colourburst lip butter. These beauties are like highly pigmented balms - super moisturising with a great sheen of colour which is perfect for Spring. I picked up the shades 'Tutti Fruity', a vibrant orangey coral, and 'Peach Parfait', the perfect peachy nude. I love!

The Revlon products are currently 3 for 2 in Boots so my minty polish was, in essence, free. I picked up the Revlon Nail Enamel in shade '580 Eclectic'. I love this colour but (as I said in my Coral Sands blogpost) I was disappointed with the formula - it was so thin and watery that I needed 3 coats and the brush was thin making each coat a labourious process. Needless to say I got impatient and my nails look less than perfect. Grrr.

Finally, the Smashbox Try It Kit was one of these draw-you-in-at-the-till-queue moments - it contains the best sellers including the foundation primer that gets rave reviews. So far I have found it a little too radiant for my liking but I am trying it with a few different foundations to search for the perfect combo. I will keep you informed and any tips would be welcomed!

All round a pretty productive trip!

Let me know if you want any more information on any of these products and happy make-upping!

Bisous xx



Smashbox Try It Kit
Revlon Nail Enamel in shade '580 Eclectic'
Real Techniques Flawless Face Core Brush Collection

(N.B. This post is not sponsored)

No comments:

Post a Comment