Sunday 12 May 2013

The Beauty Review - Illamasqua speckled polish dupe?

I am a huge fan of the Illamasqua speckled polishes and have featured them several times on my blog - especially over Easter (see here) when I was loving the 'mini egg' feel the 'Scarce' shade gave to my nails! The Illamasqua polishes aren't cheap - at £14.50 a pop they are quite the nail art investment. But they are totally original and ground-breaking so that makes it almost reasonable. Right?

Well, Barry M have recently come out with their Sequin Effects polishes which feature large coloured irridescent sequin specs to create a dramatic 3D effect on the nails. This is different from the Illamasqua version whose sequin particles are matte rather than shiny to create the egg-like effect.


Top: Illamasqua's Speckle Effect Polish in 'Scarce' £14.50
Bottom: Barry M's Sequin Nail Effects Polish in '3 Pink' £3.99

Conclusion? Illamasqua's version still hits the nail on the head for me as the perfect mini egg effect. The Barry M version is more Happy Birthday than Easter Bunny but, then, I do like a good birthday party and this polish is a welcome addition to my collection. Layered over a matte shade there is no end to the possibilities - cue experimenting with 'galaxy' nails in the coming weeks!

Do you have any dupes to share? Spill!

Bisous xx

No comments:

Post a Comment