Monday 12 August 2013

Paradise Found - Hiking in the Highlands!

Now, I may not look like your average hiking-kinda-girl, but in my quest for health, happiness (and toned thighs), I jumped at the chance to spend a whole week in the middle of nowhere (sort of) with my husband and our West Highland Terrier, Abbie.

At first the lack of mobile phone signal in our log cabin in the Scottish Highlands, not to mention the non-existant wifi connection, was a little strange to say the least. Getting up at 8am every morning to do my daily Insanity workout (yes, I have fallen for the 'bootcamp in your living room' craze) was followed by a hearty breakfast of porridge and fruit. Then it was time to head for the hills to complete our chosen walk for that day. I don't know whether it's more surprising that I managed to claw my way to the top of the 10th tallest Munro in Scotland (Ben Lawers), or that little Abbie still wanted to play with her ball when we got back to the log cabin afterwards! Either way I have returned feeling fitter and healthier than I ever have after any holiday before now. There really is something to be said for fresh Scottish air and a comfortable pair of hiking boots!

Here are a few photos of the breathtaking views around Killin.

 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment