Monday 11 March 2013

90s Revival

When you say 90s style icons who springs to mind? Clarissa & Blossom? Prince of Bel Air? Saved by the Bell? The original supermodels?

When the Spring/Summer 2013 shows in Paris and New York screamed return of the 90s my heart skipped a beat. Not in excitement...in pure terror! When I think back to the 90s I do not think chic and fashion forward. However, the 90s did span a decade so surely there must be some fashion worthly elements worth reviving? The spring summer catwalks certainly suggested so.

So how to do 90s for 2013?

Bring the 90s up to date for 2013 by choosing one element at a time. The 90s grunge look is back in a big way - think slashed denim; tie dye; crop tops & tiny denim shorts; dungarees and army jackets. Bring it bang up to date by adding a little luxe in texture, print and colour.

Tartan is a huge part of this trend (see my tartan blogpost for inspiration!) - wear it on tiny minis, shirts, jackets & dresses. Oh and give into the dungarees trend - trust me, it's not going away!
 
If however you wish to go the whole way and dress like your fave 90s icon the high street has plenty of choice to take you there! 
Prince of Bel Air Sweater - now £9 New Look
Blue Stud Tie Dye T-shirt £16.99 New Look









Crop Top
Topshop £8








I have been obsessed with SATC re-runs lately and I will be digging out my Dior saddlebags and statement tees, taking my make up down a notch and embracing the tank-dress once again alla Rhianna.

Whether you take your lead from Clueless or All Saints, be sure to work some 90s nostalgia into your wardrobe this season!

So the 90s revival I will embrace - just let's hope the 00s don't ever come back to haunt us!

Bisous xx

(N.B. This post is not sponsored)

No comments:

Post a Comment