Thursday 28 March 2013

Nutty for Neon

 It is time to pull those neons out of the closet and brighten up your Easter weekend - it may even encourage the sun to stick around a bit longer!

The secret is to go bold with your colour choice but the dosage can be as high as you like - a great way of introducing a little highlighting to your oufit is by investing in neon nail polishes. Barry M and American Apparel have great colour selections at budget friendly prices.

I am currently wearing the MissTaken Orange Nail Splash by Missguided on my paws:


If you are feeling bold, match your polish to bright accessories - I love my Biba leather bracelet in neon orange:



I am LOVING neon handbags for an inexpensive pop of colour against my nude jackets and coats while the wind still whips frostbite around the country. You will have seen my fave neon evening clutch from Zara on my Chelsea adventure here. I have also invested in the H&M bucket bag in lime green - total bargain! (H&M £14.99)
Me with my neon Zara bag (see blogpost here)
 You may also remember the hoopla over Zara's neon tweed blazer last summer - everyone from Mille Mackintosh to erm me (!) snapped up this little number which made any outfit feel a bit more L.A. and a bit less British summertime.
 This season Zara has a whole host of brightly coloured blazers on offer and I predict these to be top picks so get your skates on at Zara.com.
However you decide to embrace the trend - get your bright on now!

Have a very happy Easter bank holiday weekend!

Bisous xx

(N.B. This post is not sponsored)

4 comments:

  1. i love neon especially as a nailcolor:)
    have a happy easter weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - it makes me feel sunny (even when the sun is no where in sight) and makes me smile :)
      I hope you have a great Easter weekend and enjoy plenty of yummy chocolate eggs! x

      Delete
  2. This is making me love yellow as a colour especially the bag and nails.

    Feyi
    www.uncovertheuntold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Feyi,
      I totally agree - a flash of yellow will update your look for summer in an instant! A great mood enhancer too! :)

      Delete