Thursday 9 July 2015

Raw Coconut Cacao Truffles / Protein Balls | Healthy Snack Idea | Summer...






Raw Coconut Cacao Truffles / Protein Balls
Healthy Snack Idea | Summer Sunshine Series




See more Summer Sunshine Series recipes – watch the playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRIk9cpidhs&list=PLXif4b4DSnRUjit9cncyusgbwx4Jl9i2E




This week I am sharing an amazingly easy but super tasty recipe for the ultimate healthy guilt free treat - if you are a fan of a Bounty but are trying to eat healthily then this is for you!




These coconut protein truffles use only raw ingredients and you can add some cacao powder for a chocolate hit without the guilt!




This is a no bake recipe - all you need is a food processor or strong blender.




Ingredients:
1 cup coconut meat
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 cup nuts of your choice (I used a combo of macadamia & cashew, almonds would also be great)
1 tbsp raw honey
2 mejool dates

Splash vanilla essence (or 1/2 vanilla pod)
Optional - to make it chocolatey add 1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder
Desiccated coconut/ cacao powder for rolling




Whizz all of the ingredients in your food processor until they start to form a large sticky ball. I like to whizz up my nuts & coconut meat first to give them a head start then add everything else. Wet your hands slightly and roll the mixture into balls. Roll in desiccated coconut or cacao powder to finish.

Store these in the fridge for 3-4 hours to firm up then enjoy! Keep them in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze them for 3-4 months. I always freeze them or else they would be gone within a day - they are that good!




If you make these don't forget to leave a comment below and let me know how you got on! I hope you love them as much as I do!


1 comment:

  1. A very good and informative article indeed. It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views.
    order cake online Glendale

    ReplyDelete